Grace Notes

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Temporary Home

I am reading a Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. In it he talks about how our time spent here is temporary compared to the everlasting life in heaven. It's our "temporary home". This morning my daughter was singing this song which touched me in a deeper sense than it had before. I knew the meaning behind the song, and always cried when I heard it (especially when my daughter sings) of course. But the meaning was cemented more especially after reading this book.  "We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" 2 Corinthians 4:18
Question to consider: [taken from A Purpose Driven Life]
How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?

This video was taken of Emily last year for talented music:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts