Grace Notes

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Power of Words and the WORD which is Perfect

As I am growing in Christ in my spiritual journey, I have come to know the absolute power of God's Word. I remember from a young child, learning about the Bible and the Truth and Power it contains within its pages. I recall watching scary movies and visions of a priest holding the Bible and casting out the demon of a possessed little girl. I was educated through religion class as a Catholic, and learned the Good News of the birth, death, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. This was ingrained in me and known by me, but I never knew how essential it was for me to apply the teaching and Biblical principles to my life. I really did not know how.

We can know all kinds of things but if we don't act on that knowledge...what's the point? It was not until I got to the point of complete brokenness, that my eyes and ears were open to the TRUTH. The TRUTH I am speaking of is Jesus.
HE IS the Life the Way and the Truth! 
And until I surrendered my selfish motives and ambitions; I was lost within my own heart, mind and spirit. I was looking through life with muddy lenses.
No clear focus. 
I replaced my own perspectives for God's, and the lenses became clear. Since then, I have been in a stage of revelatory growth. And growth is hard work BUT, it's a process I will commit to for the rest of my life. And it's exciting, scary (sometimes) and only complete with full submission to the Lord. I've found my greatest moment of peace while allowing God to take reigns of my life. And as the old saying goes "I'm not where I want to be but I'm not where I used to be", is true of where I stand now. 
But where I stand now, through Christ, I've been given tools and Godly Wisdom to practice in my day to day living. This Godly Wisdom comes through His WORD (the Bible), prayer (relationship) and through Godly people who were put in my path. And I know, these beautiful people were not put in my path by accident! And I will stay the course of relying on God's Wisdom. 
All Glory goes to God! I am nothing without Christ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts